Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sedona - what a magical place


Once I had finished my hot chocolate at Starbucks Coffee I moved outside the airport to catch a ride to Sedona. Sedona is approx a 2 hours drive from Phoenix. I am lucky and get a ride into downtown and end up at the Greyhound bus station to find out they are not going to Sedona. Bummer! The lady gives me a number to call the Phoenix Sedona Shuttle and they will pick me up at 9.30, which means I have to hang around the station for another three of hours. I don’t really feel comfortable here, however I will read my book and it won’t be too long before I can go on the bus to Sedona. Observing the people around me I am amazed how busy everybody is talking or playing on their phone, people travelling with plastic bags and covered in Tattoos ……someone is smoking pot….. the smell in the building is just awful and makes me want to go home again. After three hours hanging around the Greyhound bus station I finally get picked up and my journey continues to Sedona. The trip to Sedona is beautiful and it reminds me of the old western with John Wayne and the book that I am reading with the children....The little house in the Prarie by Ingal Wilders. While driving through the Arizona state I imagine little Laura and Pa driving along with their horse wagon!
At lunch time I get dropped of at the Western side of Sedona and it is still a long walk to where I need to go, luckily I one of my fellow passengers got picked up by his wife and they give me a lift into downtown Sedona. I check the Best Western for a room and pretty quickly end up settling for a room at the Cedar Inn. I have got a little view of the mountain and a swimming pool available, a perfect spot for my yoga in the morning. Once I have a hot shower and clean myself up I go for a walk into town and checking out the place where I have to be tomorrow. I very much like Sedona, it is clean and it has got something magical with its colour. After running around for three hours my feet are sore and full of blisters, I guess I am not used to walking in shoes anymore. I am in bed by six and ready to stretch myself before closing my eyes and gently floating into dreamland.......I am very excited to be here and very much looking forward to explore the energy here in Sedona.


No comments:

Post a Comment