Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Birthday in the Dominican Republic


All my life I believed that a birthday has to be celebrated and it should be a very special day for the birthday child. Coming up to 44 I still hold on to this believe and celebrated this special day in style. Having a birthday in the Caribbean is already special, and teaching a class of Yoga in the morning makes it an even better day. After the Yoga class I had invited some friends for breakfast. We had a great breakfast brunch at Sybille and after that we enjoyed a quiet afternoon with the family.
My greatest gift for my birthday has been a conversation with my best friends from New Zealand. Kyoko, Trudy, Rebecca and Jonna had baked a cake for me and met me on skype for a little chat....... it was soooo nice and it felt really good to see the faces of my friends. The cake was yummy....
My other great gift has been from Sarah. Sarah gave me a weekend away in Santa Domingo. Wow...... I loved it.... did not get much sleep ...... but loved every moment of it..... but this will be another story..... Thank you so much Sarah...... the weekend fullfilled its purpose .... I had lots of fun and a good laugh.....
and of course my other gifts in life are my sweet children Julia and Carlos and my lovely husband Sven and being able to fullfill our dreams ......

No comments:

Post a Comment