Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Sunday, October 30, 2011

A weekend filled with social activities

What a weekend and significant time we have spend the last few days here in Grenada. Everything seems to be for the last time, so we try to embrace and indulge into it as much as we can.
Saturday morning I had due some of my favorite chores, washing clothes! I had laid it off for quite a while, and now the washing basket was flowing over. Six loads later it was all done, the boat was clean and the Callalou soup was prepared for Girls dinner that night. The girls were going to have a dinner at Sharon’s place; while the Natasha, Julia, Carlos and Kimble went to a little kids party at Bill’s and Deb’s house. Their party started at 7.30 and was suppose to end at midnight. We had a quiet evening at Sharon’s house until it was time to go to pick up the children. Before we even arrived at Deb’s and Bill’s house we could hear the kids laughing and screaming and see the camp fire. They had roughly 30 kid’s for the party, which was a fundraiser for the local swimming community. They had the children engaged into playing games and all sorts of other activities, such as sitting around the campfire singing and playing the guitar. What an awesome place to be for the children. Deb and Bill is a very delightful couple which has a passion to nurture and look after children. I hope they do keep spreading their fun and love in the Grenadian community. It has been a great pleasure to have met them. Just shortly after midnight we left and headed back home, Natasha had a sleep over, but they were all exhausted and it got pretty quickly quiet on our JUCA.

Sunday was my special day and I was in for a treat thanks to my Yoga sisters. I had been given a voucher for a Swedish full body massage for one hour at the Soothing Touch Massage Clinic. The idea of the Soothing Touch Clinic was formed in 2003 by a lady of the name Jean fisher. She had wished to teach visually impaired local Grenadians the art of massage. The idea finally took shape in the year 2006 after a visit to China. Along with the help and contribution from the St. George’s University, they trained and certified five therapists that were visually impaired. First I went to my usual treat to the Laluna Resort for a Yoga class and then from there I went to the Soothing touch clinic for my massage appointment. I was massaged my Joseph, who was born in 1951. He was raised in Victoria in the parish of St. Marks where he still lives. He became blind at the age of 12. Joseph was very nice and friendly and boy did he have soft, soothing hands. I would dare to say that this was my best massage ever. He was gentle and careful, but still getting into the muscles. Once he finished my back and my legs, I was thinking oh what a shame – all over- but then I had turn around and he did my front legs, my arms, my neck and head…..when he finally finished after an hour, it seems so much longer, I thought I had gone to heaven and just landed back on earth! I was relaxed, balanced and happy afterwards, what else could you wish for after having a very special massage. When I finished I met Nola at the beach, who kindly had picked up Julia and Carlos and taken them to the beach for me to meet. We had a swim and something to drink at the restaurant “Umbrella”, before going for a walk on the beach and heading back home. All I can say “thank you so much for such a wonderful and special gift; I will carry this as a very special memory in my heart”.

No comments:

Post a Comment