Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween in Grenada or German punctuality

Today is Halloween in Grenada and this will be our second and last Halloween that we will be celebrating in the Caribbean. Last year we were in the Dominican Republic and had very loud and late night at Shaggies; this year round we took it a bit easier. We had several options to choose from, a trick or treat dinghy ride around Prickley Bay, Halloween Party in the restaurant “ De Big Fish” or in the True Blue Resort. Since Carlos was not feeling too well, and we had enough parties and action over the last few days, I decided that we will take it easy and so we went to the Halloween Party at the True Blue Resort. I like it there very much and imagined that they would have something great up there sleeve. However today my German punctuality bit me from behind, and I was a bit annoyed about my planning and action. The information I had gotten from the owner of the resort that the party would start at 4 in the afternoon, but I had forgotten that this is Grenadian time. We arrived on time, 4 pm sharp; unfortunately we were the only ones that take starting times seriously. It was suppose to start at four, but everyone else arrived 40 minutes after us. I was mostly annoyed about this, as we could have comfortably done the trick or treat dinghy ride, before heading to the resort. Never mind; the six children I had taken enjoyed their time in the swimming pool, while we were waiting for the others to arrive. We then watched, admired and enjoyed the judging of all the great costumes the other children wore. I suggested to Carlos that he could take his shirt off and go as a beach bump, he did not think that this was funny and pointed out that this would have not been gone under dressing up. Ah well, so no prize for any of the children I went with, but they assured me that they had a great time being there. When we went home Carlos had developed a fever and went straight to bed, while we enjoyed another visit from Jan and Susan, before settling down for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment