Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Thursday, April 21, 2011

Getting ready.....?

I haven't really decided yet for what we need to get ready.....the Easter Bunny trying to figure out how to swim to the boat,.....for Carlos Birthday (my precious little boy is turning 8)......my job opportunity on the Catamaran Aristocats ....our departure from Trellis Bay or .......another day filled with sunshine and having fun in the sun. The days seem to get hotter and hotter by the day and especially right at the moment with no wind around it seems the air is standing still in Trellis Bay. For this time of the year this kind of weather pattern is pretty unusual for Trellis Bay; the wind is always giving us always a fresh breeze on the boat or on the beach. The water temperature seems also rising by the day, jumping into the ocean does not seem to be so cooling at the moment; mind you 28 degree water temperature is close to taking a bath in the bathtub at home. However with that warm weather and rising temperature we also have little bugs, similar to sand flies, coming out and annoying us in the morning and at night. Once we cleaned the boat this morning, we went to the beach to meet up with the other children and Mums. The children have found not only a surfboard, but also a kayak that they could play with. The played cargo ships collecting see grass, sand and other creatures that they could find in the shallow water. The mums were busy talking to each other or on the phone or working on the computer. I suppose us mum still having a pretty busy lifestyle regardless where you life or school holidays. I have talked to yellow Kim today and she asked me if I could help her out on a day charter boat. They are short on one crew member and she was wondering if I be interested to fill in. As you know I am always open to learn and experience new things and said …..of course, when do I start? I am suppose to come with her on a charter tomorrow to have a look of how things work and then I could fill in on Sunday if I like. Allright…I better have an early night to recharge my batteries fully and can fulfill my duty as first mate assistance on the day charter boat “Aristocats”.

No comments:

Post a Comment