Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

a late night session....


.....it is in the middle of the night and I am still transfering our Hardcopy CD's onto our Computer. It has turned out to be a real mission, but I am nearly there and then a job is done that I have been meaning to do since we left New Zealand...... puhhhh what
a lot of work and time sitting in front of the computer....


On Thursday I went to Santiago with Toni and Rosemary from SV "English Rose". We had so much fun and the one hour drive to and from Santiago went like a minute..... we were chatting like there was no end to it..... it was very interesting and funny to spend the day with both of them. Chrismas cannot be far away, everywhere in the shops they were playing Jingle Bells and the Chrismas decoration was on display. Living on board in Luperon, X-mas could have easily skipped my attention, but on this shopping spree, memories came back. Probably the highlight of our shopping trip was, when Toni and I did some Karaoke at Price smart....I was very tempted to buy that Karakoke machine .......:) it could have been Sven xmas present, but I don't think Sven would have appreciated that very much ;) We shopped till we nearly dropped and on the way back Nino's car was as usual totally overloaded and we were pennyless, never mind we were all happy and satisfied with our shopping trip. A couple of times I caught myself touching Xmas decoration and dreaming of decoarating the boat with lights and maybe even a Xmas tree..... and in the middle of the dream Sven's face appeared on the scene questioning my well being :0.... so I dropped the item and went on with some serious provisioning shopping. 20 Bags of this and 30 bags of that....hmmmm what else do we need for our sail towards St. Lucia. Everyone is mentioning that the prices in the lower parts of the Carribbean are really high, and that I should make sure to stock up as much as I can! Well as you can see on the pictures we did stock up...there was hardly any room for us in the dinghy, while transporting our goods to the boats. I was absolutely exhausted after our 10 hours shopping trip, however I still managed to put everything away and then I finally was able to put my feet before dragging myself into bed.
Friday the weather finally had cleared and I was able to continue my spring clean. Cleaning, tidying, washing etc. That night we had David over for Dinner. Jan has gone back home to the States to celebrate her mum's birthday, so we thought it would be nice to keep him some company that evening. We had chicken curry and played our new game "Rummicub", we all love it and we had a lot of fun together.

Today was more cleaning and of course school. It never used to matter to Carlos and Julia whether we did school on a Monday or Saturday, but someone must have told them, that there is usally no school on the weekend, because Julia pointed that out to me all day :) However I want to get in as much schooling as I can, before we are sailing down south.....because who knows... we might not be able to do much school once we are on our way sailing again! ....so now it is time to go to bed....its nearly 3 o'clock in the morning and I can feel my eyes getting heavy. Tomorrow I have to get up early again, as we are going to take some of our "staff" that we have accumlated over the last months and not needing anymore to the swap market, including all our CD's.......

No comments:

Post a Comment