Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Thursday, December 1, 2011

Struggling with life on land

We have been here now for nearly a week and everyone apart from me is happy to be back....I am honestly struggling to turn my sailing legs into land legs again.
It has been an exciting and busy week ....Carlos was so keen to meet his friends again that he went back to school on our second day back in the country. Julia took things a bit easier and was sick for the first three days and went for her first school day on Thursday. Julia and Carlos both love being at school, this morning Carlos mentioned that the Mangawhai School is easier going than my schooling, most of the time they play and have far more breaks then we used to have on the boat. Sven is happy to be back and enjoys zooming around in our new car that we bought via the Internet. The arrangement was that it would be waiting for us at the Airport and it all worked out great. Me....I don't know I am not that easy to please and find it hard to find my place, maybe it did not help much that I was sick the last two days, but no worries I will get my head around things and be happy again. We have gone for long walks on the beach and have been invited for dinner for most of the week....great to see all our friends again....
We have already been in touch with a couple of brookers to have a look at some properties and third time round we already found our dream property, now we only need to convince the bank manager that this is our new home!
Its weekend and I will get the pictures sorted this weekend and will put some new ones on the blog and I was thinking of creating a new blog for our new life back on land in New Zealand.
-

1 comment:

  1. long walks on the beach . . . what a good idea. I am "feeling" that I need the same thing on my side of the world. I can't wait to see what's to come for you!

    ReplyDelete