Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Monday, September 26, 2011

Having patience

I can still remember being a child waiting patiently for Christmas or my birthday; the weeks leading towards it, were long and nearly unbearable. This is what Sven and I experience at the moment waiting for the sea trial and survey for our JUCA by the end of this month. As this would not be long enough the date has been postponed for a couple of weeks….ahhhh…someone has moved Christmas, Easter and our birthday to a later date, this is just unfair. Nevertheless there is nothing we can do to change the situation and biting the bullet. I remember that we had the same situation back two years ago; when we sold the house and before we could buy our JUCA. We did it once we will survive it a second time, if I want to experience it again….I am not so sure! Luckily Glennis from SV “Aqua Viva” is distracting us from the waiting game and has invited me and the children for making our own necklace. She has got hundreds of different beads and we feel like we are in a Candy shop. Julia and Carlos are doing a great job and getting better and better in choosing a design for their necklace. I get absolutely sucked into the beading and seem to be very much in my element. I remember some of my broken necklaces that are lying in my draw waiting to be fixed. I restring my green pearl necklace that I bought myself a few years ago and could never wear as it was too tight around my neck. The end result is stunning and I am very happy with my work. ….maybe that is something I might take up going back to New Zealand. Stringing and making your necklaces is very relaxing, rewarding and has a lot of fun attached to it; thank you Glennis for opening up my creative side again.

No comments:

Post a Comment