Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Monday, August 29, 2011

Coincidence or meant to be

It is always surprising how small the world is. A year ago I have noticed a friend of a friend on Facebook and was drawn to her beautiful appearance on her profile picture. Since I don’t like befriending people on Facebook that I do not know personally I just left it at that. However her picture appeared on Facebook once in a while. During my communication with friends for my birthday wishes I mentioned to Yogamani that we are based in Grenada at the moment and how much we liked it here. She promptly wrote back telling me that a good friend of hers had just moved to Grenada and I should try to connect with her. Guess who it was…right … the beautiful friend of a friend with the name Amy that I had become aware off just a year ago. She had just moved to Grande Anse in Grenada which is just 15 minutes from where we are anchored. How bizarre is that? I connected with her through Facebook the same day and we arranged to meet on Sunday for a picnic lunch on the beach near us. She has got two children, aged 4 and 6 and despite the age difference the children had a ball when we met on the beach yesterday. While the guys went snorkeling with the children, Amy and I sat in knee deep water and exchanged and shared our passion for yoga. We got on like house on fire and have got a few connections from back in New Zealand. It was so beautiful to see the infusion of our energies and we thoroughly enjoyed each other’s company. We have got lots of ideas that we can bounce on each other and I can feel that our compassion for yoga will bring us plenty of joyful hours and afternoons. People like to say about Facebook what they like, I like it and it has given me plenty of opportunities to stay in contact and share my pictures with friends around the world while out on the ocean and now it has given me another beautiful friend to embrace and to enjoy her company while staying in Grenada.

No comments:

Post a Comment