Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bruised and Battered

I haven’t been feeling very good the last week. Don’t really know what is going on, whether it is the hot weather, my upcoming birthday or maybe simply needing a break from everything. However while dealing with my personal crisis, I broke my right toe once again, and if that was not enough I stepped onto a fishing hook with my right big toe ….autsch…at least now I know why I am not feeling so on top of the world…my right foot is in pain! Nevertheless that is nothing what a real cruising lady cannot handle and so today we took the bus to St. George. I am limping around town behind my family and adore the architecture of St. George. We all very much like St. George and especially Grenada. Everyone is really helpful, friendly and in general they seem to be happy people. First of all when we arrive in town we explore the area, where the cruise ships usually dock, luckily today there is no cruise ship in so everything is empty and everyone is pretty relaxed around the shops. Downtown St. George is very clean and I like the mix of modern and old architecture mixed together. Unfortunately you can still see where Hurricane Ivan left its note in 2004. It did not only destroy 90 % of the Nutmeg and Cacao plantations, it also destroyed quiet a few churches and other facilities around Grenada. When we are back on the boat we have got an hour to rest before we are off to the movie night in Clarks Court, with a bunch of other cruisers.

No comments:

Post a Comment