Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A fantastic evening on Calabra

This morning I went shopping with Vicky and Craig from the Catamaran "Safari" to Philipsborg. It was a quick trip with no kids and no Sven, I could concentrate on the essential shopping. A couple of hours later we left the shop with two kayaks on the top of a little hyundia and bags of shopping stacked up to the roof. The ride with the dinghy to the boat was even more adventerus.... Being back at home I had to realize that the shorts that I bought for Sven did not fit, they must have changed the sizes in the factory! I decided to go staight back to Philipsburg to exchange them, this time we had to take the bus and I took Julia with me. It was very very hot and traffic congestion in Auckland rush hour is nothing compared to the traffic in St. Martin. However we got everything done and went back with the next available bus, until we took a left turn at the round about instead a right turn I did not ealised that we were in the wrong bus....ups....I quickly shouted to the driver to stop the bus, to shorten the damage of walking in the heat, with two big bags of shopping. Well I have done my exercise for the day thats for sure.

Last night we had a little welcome "Back get together BBQ" on our friends Catamaran "Calabra". Monet and Jonner from Perth have arrived back from the BVI's and we had lots of things to catch up on. They are planning of going down the islands just like us, so I assume we will see a bit more of each other in the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment