Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day Sail Charter on Aristocats

Captain Kim picked me up and got me dressed into my uniform for the day, a purple shirt with Aristocats written on it…..I love purple. Once we arrived on the Catamaran Aristocats, we cleaned the boat, stocked up with fridge, got ice and breadsticks and we were ready in time when the guests arrived. Today’s charter trip was a wedding party, and included a family of 13 people from Venezuela; one couple renewing their wedding vows after 25 years. The grandmother was originally born in Egypt, grew up in Italy and then moved to Venezuela in 1945. I was in charge of the galley and cooking today, but my duty also included to put up the sail, letting down and lifting the anchor or getting the mooring, getting a broken stuck toilet brush out of the toilet as well as entertaining and attending to the guests. I loved it all very much and it was fun all the way, even though the galley was probably the hottest spot on the boat. We went to three snorkeling spots around Norman Island and served lunch in between. We arrived back in Road Town by 5.30 and then we cleaned up the boat and stocked up the fridges again so that the boat would be ready to use again the next morning. Luckily I will have a break tomorrow and can celebrate Easter with my family, but Kim will be first mate and take over my duties again on Aristocats. I really liked working on the Charter boat, thank you Kim and Steve for giving me that opportunity and I am very grateful for this experience and once again I learned a heap more about sailing today. I arrived back home at 7.30 and was absolutely exhausted, my family was happy to see me again and I all I wanted to do now is to relax in front of a family movie. Being out on the water all day and the heat wears me out, however it was worth it and I had a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you are enjoying it. I am sure the experience will be good for you in the future.

    ReplyDelete