Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Thursday, April 14, 2011

Big Day Out



Today we had to do our trip to the Immigration Department. Caroline took us into Road Town after the yoga class. After she dropped us off we walked towards the Immigration building and took a Number. I could not believe our luck when our number was called within the next five minutes. We handed in our passports and had to sit down again while the visa extension got processed. After roughly half an hour she called us and I thought to myself, great that went all smoothly, until I came to the counter and she asked me to show her our tickets out of the country…..oh….no we are leaving on a yacht in Trellis Bay…..ok then, show me your boats paper……oh no…I must have been blond in my previous life…..I did not bring the papers and therefore had to come back with proof that we were living on our yacht. Great so, I just wasted our time, our day to come to the immigration department for nothing, because I forgot the boats paper….well I suppose you always learn something out of these kind experiences. However we turned the day into a day filled with fun. We went to the Village Cay Marina and Julia and Carlos did have a swim in the pool while I had a drink with Kim, Patty and Penny. By the time we got back to the boat, we had time to do some cleaning up, eating something and then walking over to the airport to pick up Sven. It was great to see him again and he was surprised and happy to see his family. We had lots of things to talk about and to catch up on; we all had a great night as our family was reunited again.

No comments:

Post a Comment