Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sosua and back home

I did not really sleep very well in the hotel bed…. I don’t know if it was too noisy, too light or that I simply missed my bed. However the next morning we got up fairly early as we had to go back to Luperon and we also wanted to meet up with Jim in Puerto Plata. We had a nice breakfast in our Apartment, Julia had a swim in the pool afterwards and meanwhile I packed our bags and then we left towards Sosua. We stopped in Sosua to have a look at the beach and the German Bakery to treat ourselves with a “Mandelhoernchen and Erdbeerschnittchen”. We sat next to Horst from Austria who has been living in the Dominican Republic for the last 14 years. We had a very interesting conversation with him and got a bit sidetracked and stayed too long, but thoroughly enjoyed meeting and talking to him. Sosua seemed nice, but you could see the European influence there, lots of cafes, restaurants and resorts. At some stage we took a turn off the main road and ended up somewhere in the middle of nowhere, but to see the country side was very interesting. We got stopped in our exploration by a creek running through the middle of the road and you could have only passed that stream with a 4 wheel drive that we did not have. We turned back and went to Puerto Plata to meet up with Jim. Jim had been waiting for us at the German Restaurant on the waterfront of Puerto Plata…. We had something to drink and then we went off to do some last shopping. Again we overloaded the car with our shopping, that every time we hit a little ditch in the road we heard it cracking and rattling….. autsch……a few times we thought we have to get out of the car to drive over certain areas along the road. Finally back home we had to unpack the car, overload the Dinghy and then repack everything into the boat… when we finished I was done for the day…. I just managed to brush my teeth and fall into bed. I enjoyed our trip, and I am glad we did it, but I have to say it felt a bit rushed and my agenda did not match with the expectations of my family. I wanted to explore the island in those two days and all my family wanted to do is hang around the pool and relax and this is how the whole trip felt ….rushed, unfinished and squeezed in…… a bit of a shame but never mind…. Hopefully I will learn for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment