Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mayaguez to Cayos de Cana Gorda

Today is the 11th of December and when we got up this morning there was no wind and the ocean was calm as a fishpond. We had a quick breakfast and then decided to go over to Julio again to check the weather, to call Fisher Panda in the States to see if they can help us how to reset our Generator and if possible a new diesel filter and a spare chain for our autopilot. Julio and Brenda were already up and so we had a little chat and then while I checked the weather and our emails, Julio drove Sven around to get the needed spare parts. Julio and his friend Carlos had invited us for a Puerto Rican Christmas party that night, but after checking the weather we had to make up our mind, whether to use that weather window to move on or to attend that Christmas Party……the weather looked to good and so we had to say good bye to our new friends and maybe we might meet them again one day. We went back to our boat and made everything ready to leave. We lifted the anchor without any problems and left the bay at around noon. The weather was perfect and hardly any swell; we really enjoyed the comfortable ride along the coast of Puerto Rico. We saw pretty beaches, rugged coastline and even a couple of dolphins. An hour before sunset we anchored in a little bay called Cayos de Cana Gorda and we were greeted by a few Manatees. It was very peaceful and pretty were we anchored and we enjoyed a relaxing evening with eating dinner and reading in the cockpit. This was exactly the way I had visualized it, finishing a harmonious day cruising along the coastlines of the Caribbean and regrouping the day while watching a beautiful sunset. I have just finished reading the book that my friend Shanti gave me just before we left Luperon. It’s called “The Lost Symbol” from Dan Brown….thank you Shanti …. I loved that book and was hooked from the first moment I started. I can highly recommend this book to everyone! After I went to bed I was lying there thinking about what I have just read and even though I know it is a fiction it has given me some food for thoughts and I even shared them with Sven which was fun! I totally enjoyed this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment