Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cleaning Day on the boat












Today we are having a cleaning day on the boat. First thing in the morning Poppa and Andy came by and asked if we would like to have our Barnacles removed from underneath the boat. I don't know how many times they have asked us, but several times since we have arrived in Luperon. Finally today we said yes and you would not believe how quickly they got changed into their dive gear and before we knew it they were in the water and half an hour later our boat had been freed from all nasty barnacles.....yeah.....
Then after breakfast I tried out my beautiful new washing-machine. What a luxury, what a treat I can do my own laundry again. No more carrying heavy basket loaded with dirty washing into town! So I threw in my washing, filled the drum up with water and the cycle goes for up to 12 minutes.
After that you open a valve and dump the water and fill it back up again for another rinse.Round about 3 to 5 minutes later, after once more dumping the water, the washing goes into the spinner and after about 2 minutes your washing is nice and clean and ready to hang outside. With the warm trade wind that we have got here, roughly 1/2 hour later you can bring your washing back in and fold it and put it back into the draws as nothing was ever dirty or worn.....sounds very simple and I am very much in love with my washing machine. It is so amazing how your values in life change, living on a boat in the Carribbean.
Once the washing was done I vaccumed and mopped the floor and hey it feels like a spring clean in the middle of summer...... if you could picture me bearly dressed on my knees and sweating like their is no tomorrow. I sometimes wonder if I am going through Menopause or if it is just the heat here in the Domincan Republic ?!

No comments:

Post a Comment