Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Monday, June 14, 2010

Not every day is a sunny day on the boat


I remember a few years ago a friend of mine had asked me what I was doing all day. She did not had any children at this stage and I had a 2 and a 3 year old, just finished building our house and designed and worked in the garden. I was gob smacked at that stage, because honestly I was not quite sure…. I knew that I was busy all day, but could not really say what I was doing all day. I feel the same at the moment, we have got the luxury of having time all day, or put it that way, we do not have to go to work or mow the lawn anymore, but we are busy all day every day. Since we have boarded our Sailing Boat in Norfolk Virginia we have been busy repairing, fixing or renovating something on our JUCA. If it is not the motor or generator it is the water maker or the floor. It might be one day the Air Condition or trying to figure out the Navigation system. Cleaning and tidying the boat up is a daily task, as is the education of Julia and Carlos. But the biggest thing to fix was yet to come and of course it came at a very inconvenient time.
We were so tired after our ordeal yesterday and all we wanted is to have an early night. I was just about to get ready when I heard Sven calling for help. Our toilet is blocked and we needed to unblock it. Oh no, so we dismantled various hoses to detect the problem, we emptied 10 buckets of shit out of the tank still , we could not find the problem. The time is ticking slowly away and we are sitting virtually in shit until midnight…finally we thought we found the problem and after another hour of cleaning up we are ready and went to bed. This messy business continued for another day, until we really dissolved the problem for good and we finally got to relax and sit in the sun and enjoy the surrounding of Sapodilla Bay to its fullest. I said to Sven that this was probably the worst thing I ever had to get my hands dirty with, but he reckons there are worst things and once you have done it you realize it that is not too bad at all …… I don’t know I still have the smell in my nose as I write this

No comments:

Post a Comment