Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Well deserved treat

Well what a morning, what a day! We are still here in Fort Lauderdale and it looks like we will be staying for another weekend... we just got invited to go camping for the weekend down to the Everglades. Well what I can I say this is another opportunity not to be missed and I will packing our bags once again to leave the boat for a few days. This time it will take us for an airboat ride down in the everglades, frog hunting at night and observing crocodiles in the wild...thats what we call adventure pur.....

After I had a really good day schooling the children yesterday I had a really bad day today. Carlos is giving me, himself and Julia a hard time by not participating. Have to get my trick box out to see how I can make it more fun for him and how I can encourage him to see the good side of learning and school.... what did he say to me today... its so boring and you are a mean old teacher.... wow... what a statement from my six nearly seven year old.


Yes, another week and Carlos is turning seven... I cannot believe how time is racing when you are having fun in life.....after all this I made myself a nice ice coffee with lots of cream and lots of calories....yammi... I believe a well deserved treat!

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOO jealous! I want to go with you to the everglades. We are actually studying the everglades this week. humm I think I will have to go on my own "field trip" soon. thanks for the good idea. Remember he is just trying to see where his boundaries are right now. Stick with the consistancy and it will all work out. love you and I hope you have a great time. Just keep all legs and arms in the boat. hahaha

    ReplyDelete