Welcome on aboard SV/ JUCA

Our philosophy is to live in peace and harmony with each other and to have lots of fun doing it! We practice compassion and unconditional love and experience that there are no mistakes only stepping stones while we grow on our journey.



We have sold our house in August 2009 and moved from Mangawhai / New Zealand to Norfolk/Virginia to board our Sailing Vessel Juca in January 2010.



Juca is the name of our beautiful 60 foot Morgan, and the name is a creation of the first initials of our amazing inspiriations, Julia and Carlos.



I hope you all will enjoy reading our blog and following our travels around the Caribbean.



Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spanish Lessons


Good morning, our boat is a mess and there is no space anywhere to sit, so we have spent all morning in the RIVERBEND MARINA Office working on our computers. As already mentioned we replaced the carpet with beautiful wooden flooring, but it all takes its time. I am nearly ready to install my pieces of Art back into the boat. I have to do one more coat of varnish on the table and doors and drink holder and then this job is done, looks beautiful. I also went to IKEA yesterday, yeah, we had a great meal there for $4.99 and bought lots of little goodies for kitchen, bathroom and I found a great little chest of draws, that fits into the space opposite the engine room.


On my way to IKEA we went pass BORDERS and had to stop there. We spent three hours in this beautiful bookstore and bought great books to read. We also bought a couple of spelling workbooks and a Spanish learning Software program. We were going to buy the ROSETTA STONE program, but had to decide against as it was just not in our budget, so we bought another software program instead for a tenth of the price. The INSTANT IMMERSION Software seems as good and I am really happy with my choice. We have already installed it onto all three laptops and will include a daily Spanish lesson in our school work from today on. Learning Spanish has been one of my mission since I have been a teenager, and now I finally get the opportunity to do it with my children, how wonderful is that.


So there is lots to do for today and our school program for the day is nearly over and I can get on to my other jobs of the day. In this picture you can see me and my best friend Kyoko. This a picture taken back on our last day in New Zealand nearly four months ago and I miss her dearly.


The other day I read a really nice comment from my friend Dee on Facebook and I loved it so much that I would like to quote it on our blog. "Knowledge is only a piece of information until it is absorbed or experience"....... this has explained a question to me that I wondered for years. I do hope that I pass on lots of knowledge to Julia and Carlos, so that they can absorb and experience it for themselves. Once I have supplied them the fertile ground and given them a core knowledge of lots of things they then will in return use this to expand on the field that they are most interested in. That is the plan anyway, and I believe learning Spanish is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment